I have changed my diet and exercise regimen to cater toward my herniated disc problems. I have obtained positive results since I made these changes. On top of changing my diet, I have also included daily supplements to assist my daily nutritional needs.
I went into a state of depression for about a a year and a half and really let myself go. I thought all hope was lost and I was not exercising or eating healthy at all. I probably put on about 30lbs over the 1.5 years, obtained high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides.
After I got these blood test results, something just fired up in me to start making some life changes. I started listening and watching media that motivates me and get my adrenaline flowing. I am now feeling much better and my herniated disc pain and discomfort is at a tolerable state right now.
Diet Changes and Supplments
- I haved eliminated foods that are high in saturated fats, sodium, and cholesterol.
- I have increased my protein intake.
- I have limited my carbohydrate intake to include mostly low glycemic carbs.
- I am supplementing daily with: Whey Protein Isolate, Flax Seed Oil, Glucosamine, Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), and a Multi-Vitamin
- I am eating about 4 to 5 balanced meals per day that are spaced 3 to 4 hours apart.
- Cardio Exercise: I do the elliptical machine. It’s low impact and great to get the muscles and joints moving.
- Weight Training: I have stopped using free weights that put a lot of compression on my spine and switched to using machines. I was always against this, but I love it now and would never go back. My goals have changed drastically since my injury and I am doing whatever I have to do to take care of my back.